maandag 10 november 2008

Troubleshooting string ensemble - part II

Problems to be solved on the string ensemble :

  • Sustain of the lower manual does not function together with the 4' or 8' lower manual string ensemble
  • Sustain of the lower manual does not function when 'Lower Manual Sustain' is switched off
  • When the sustain on the upper manual is switched 'on', the sustain of the lower manual does not function any more.

On the string ensemble print I found a faulty germanium diode. Lucky I still had some spares from the last repair. When I placed a bridge over the diode the sustain functioned normal again. The diode refused to let the current pass.

I desoldered the diode and replaced it by an OA90 germanium diode that I had lying around. Problem is fixed.



Geen opmerkingen: